OTT multi-band Compressor
Xfer Records has released OTT, a free multi-band compressor for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and Audio Units plug-in formats.
OTT is a re-creation of a popular aggressive multi-band upwards / downwards compressor setting used by many dubstep and electro producers.
- Depth control to scale the amount of compression.
- Time control to scale the attack/release times of all bands.
- Input and Output gain controls.
- visual display of input and gain reduction over the low/mid/high bands.
OTT is available for free as a VST/AU plug-in for WIndows and Mac OS X at Xfer Records.
synthv1 digital 4-oscillator subtractive polyphonic synthesizer
rncbc.org has announced the official release of the Vee One suite of old-school polyphonic synthesizer and sampler, synthv1 and samplv1 respectively.
synthv1 is an old-school all-digital 4-oscillator subtractive polyphonic synthesizer with stereo FX.
samplv1 is an old-school all-digital polyphonic sampler synthesizer with stereo FX.
- pure stand-alone JACK client with JACK-session and both JACK MIDI and ALSA MIDI input support.
- LV2 instrument plugin.
Synthv1 and Samplv1 are available for free as LV2 plugin for GNU/LInux at rncbc.org.
DC1A character compressor now in RTAS
Klanghelm has released an update for DC1A a free compressor. DC1A plugin are now also available in RTAS format for WIndows and Mac OS X.
DC1A is the little brother of the compression monster DC8C. I’ve taken one of my favorite settings from DC8C and tried to make it work in a two control context. Sound wise it’s comparable to the PUNCH mode in DC8C. It’s kind of a mixture of classic opto and FET designs.
Changes in DC1A:
- Added RTAS support (OS X and Windows).
- Cleaned up GUI resources.
- Code optimizations.
DC1A is available to download for free as a VST/AU/RTAS plugin for 32/64 bit WIndows and OS X at Klangheim.
K-Meter plug-in for Linux and Windows
Mzuther has updated K-Meter for Windows and Linux to version 1.30.0. K-Meter is a free implementation of a K-System meter according to Bob Katz’ specifications. K-Meter supports mono, stereo and 5.1 surround sound signals. All meters have been thoroughly validated. The average meter reads either RMS levels or ITU BS.1770-1 loudness weighted levels.
K-Meter 1.30.0 changes:
- ITU-R BS.1770-1 loudness weighting.
- Combined peak and average level meter.
- Code clean-up and lots of small bug fixes.
- Updated documentation.
- Full re-calibration and re-validation.
K-Meter is available to download as a VST plugin for 32/64 bit Linux and 32 bit Windows at Mzuther.
Lostin70s releases Devil’s Compressor a high quality compressor/limiter with low delay. There are no limitation so putting the attack and release to 0, the ratio to 1/24 threshold to -30 will produce distortion. Devil’s Compressor plugin has been developed originally for guitar live playing but is suitable also in mix.
Devil’s Compressor features:
- Attack between 0 and 120 ms.
- Release between 0 and 600 ms.
- Input level to output level Ratio between 1/1 and 1/24.
- Threshold from with the compressor is active between (0 and -30 dB).
- Gain make up.
- An high pass filter can be added on source signal in order to compute energy (it does not acts on output).
- 3 VU meters (input, output, attenuation level) with clipping led.
Devil’s Compressor is available to download for free as a 32/64 bit plug-in for Windows at Lostin70s.
MStereoScope is a stereo width analyzer
MeldaProduction has released MStereoScope, a free stereo image analyzer plug-in. MStereoScope supports VST, VST3 and AU interfaces on Windows & Mac, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
MStereoScope is a stereo width analyzer, which also lets you solo specific parts of the signal – mid, side and separate channels.
- Extremely advanced and easy-to-use user interface – our products are always designed to enhance the workflow. You can easily change all values, fine-tune each control in multiple ways. Easy orientation in a standardized GUI, textual editing and smooth visualization with almost unlimited zooming are standard in all of our plugins. Moreover our plugins are the world first (and still the only ones), which support resizable and stylable GUI’s.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE and SSE2 processors.
- Fully automatable
MStereoScope plugin is available to download at MeldaProduction.