TSE Audio has releases TSE X50, a free guitar amplifier effect plug-in. The X50 is a digital emulation of a famous US guitar amp. Because two almost similar amps were made, both red channels are modeled. The green channel is modeled after the first make. You can’t go wrong with this amp for metal!
X50 is a digital emulation of a famous US guitar amp.
TSE X50 features:
- Input Level: Control the incoming (guitar) signal. Value of 1.0 = +0dB and 2.0 = +6dB.
- Output Level: Control the outgoing (amp) signal.
- PreGain: Preamp gain, this is the main dirt control of the amp.
- Low, Mid, High: Tonestack/Equalizer.
- PostGain: Volume/PA overdrive.
- LowEnd: The amount of resonance in the (modeled) speaker (~70Hz).
- Presence: The amount of presence, 1kHz and up.
- Red Ch. Mode switch: Change between MK1 and MK2 version of the red channel (only).
- PreAmp switch: Bypass the preamp-section.
- PowerAmp switch: Bypass the poweramp-section.
- PowerTubes switch: Change between 6L6GC/EL34 tubes in the PowerAmp model.
- Quality switch: ‘LO’ and ‘HI’ setting. HI setting removes additional aliasing.
- Stereo switch: Process two guitars at once. They must be hard-panned left/right to avoid bleed between channels! Panning should be done in the IR-loader or by channel routing.
TSE X50 is available for free as a VST plug-in for 32/64-bit Windows at TSE Audio.
MARVIN VST has updated Tromine GT to version 0.3 and Tromine Z to version 1.4. Tromine GT is a TR-808-style analog drum synthesizer and Tromine Z is a TR-909-style analog drum synthesizer.
Tromine GT drum synth plugin
Tromine Z drum synth plug-in
- MIDI CC number changes.
- Some parameter changes.
- Minor sound changes.
- Removed the presets.
Tromine GT and Tromine Z are available for free as VST plug-in for Windows at MARVIN VST.
Native Instruments has updated Kontakt Player to version 5.1.0. Kontakt Player is a universal sample player that can load all Kontakt Player compatible libraries from within one software interface. Further advantages offered by the Kontakt Player platform are virtually unlimited polyphony and up to 64-part multi-timbrality, advanced surround capabilities, integrated effects including convolution and master effects, a versatile library browser and optimized DFD technology.
Kontakt Player 5
Changes in Kontakt Player v 5.1.0:
- Added support for Avid Audio eXtension (AAX Native 32-bit).
- New ‘Jump’ amplifier effect.
- Mac OS X 10.8 RTAS: fixed crash on startup.
- Other minor fixes.
Kontakt Player is available for free as a VST/AU/RTAS/AAX plug-in for 32/6′-bit Windows and Mac OS X at Native Instruments.
CWITEC has released version 2.1.0 b1 of TX16Wx Software Sampler. TX16Wx is a complete sampling workstation, with improved sampling tools such as automatic keyboard mapping of recorded material, threshold and transport triggers and interactive loop cross fading, making sampling your own content quicker and more fun than ever.
TX16Wx free professional VSTi sampler plug-in
Changes in v2.1.0 b1:
- Added the “random” modulation source.
- External controls / automation parameters can now be inverted by setting offset to max value.
- Wave preview now uses short release on stop for smoother sound.
- Various UI tweaks.
TX16Wx is available for free as a VST plug-in for 32/64-bit Windows at CWi Technology.
Sound Magic has updated Orchestral Strings One for Windows to Version 1.1.
Orchestral Strings One
Changes in Orchestral Strings One v1.05:
- Improved Dynamic System to a fully dynamic system by raising the ceiling of the volume.
- Adjust the Attack Volume value for Sustain notes.
- Change the default setting to turn on the CC Tone Color Mode.
- Apply True Stereo algorithm for Built in Reverb Engine.
- Fixes the position of Active button on GUI.
- Slightly Improved CPU.
- Many minor changes.
Orchestral Strings One is available for free as a VST/AU plug-in for 32/64-bit Windows and Mac OS X.
Full Bucket Music has updated The Deputy Mark II to version 1.0.3. The deputy Mark II is a VST instrument in the tradition of classic string machines and early “polyphonic” synthesizers that come with built-in Ensemble and Phaser effects.
The deputy Mark II synthesizer
Changes in The Deputy Mark II v1.0.3:
- Fixed crackling of Ensemble effect.
The Deputy Mark II is available for free as VST plug-in for 32/64-bit Windows at Full Bucket Music.