Sean Bolton releases Hexter v1.0.1 a free synthesizer for Linux DSSI
Hexter Yamaha DX7 modeling DSSI plugin
Sean Bolton has announced that version 1.0.1 of Hexter for Linux DSSI is now available.
Hexter is a software synthesizer that models the sound generation of a Yamaha DX7 synthesizer. It can easily load most DX7 patch bank files, edit those patches via a built-in editor or MIDI sys-ex messages, and recreate the sound of the DX7 with great accuracy.
Release 1.0.1 adds significant capability to Hexter over the 0.6.2 release, including:
- An integrated patch editor.
- The option to use floating-point math in the synthesis code instead of fixed point.
- Performance optimizations.
- Better patch bank loading.
- MIDI non-registered parameter (NRPN) support.
Hexter is available for free as DSSI plug-in for GNU/Linux at DSSI sourceforge.
Tagged DSSI, DX7, effects, GNU/Linux, patchs, synth, synthesizer