Tokyo Dawn Labs releases TDR Feedback Compressor 1.0
Tokyo Dawn Labs has released version 1.0.0 of the TDR Feedback Compressor, a free VST effect plug-in for 32- and 64-bit Windows.
TDR Feedback Compressor is a carefully designed RMS-based dynamic range compressor. The processor is dedicated to sum/bus compression and is the result of an intensive study about the musical behavior of “classic” feed-back compressor designs. Most modern compressors analyze the input signal to control gain reduction. The feed-back compressor design however “listens” to its output. This non-intuitive approach delivers an unobtrusive and highly musical compression characteristic that is able to handle complex signals with ease.
TDR Feedback Compressor
Tokyo Dawn Labs want to emphasize the fact that the processor neither tries to emulate any previously available device, nor does it follow popular trends like “virtual analogue”, “vintage” or similar buzz terms. This is a proud digital processor, made an immense amount of love and care.
TDR Feedback Compressor features:
- Typical “Feed-Back Compression” musicality and behavior.
- All relevant calculations are done at 64-bit precision.
- Differential oversampling structure (only the “wet” part is oversampled).
- Re-sampling via high quality linear phase filters.
- Advanced stereo-linking (reduces audible cross-modulation).
- Adaptive integration time RMS detector. Optional PEAK and tunable RMS detection.
- Freely adjustable compression knee.
- Upward compression mode.
- Optional 6dB/oct and 3dB oct HP filters in the side-chain path.
- Optional low and high frequency harmonic distortion.
- Independent release controls for fast and slow program material.
- Delta preview mode. Allows to preview the difference between compressed and original signal.
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted).
TDR Feedback Compressor is available for download as a free VST plugin for 32 and 64 bit Windows at Tokyo Dawn Labs.
Tagged 64 bit, compressor, effects, freeware, plugins, Tokyo Dawn Labs, VST, Windows