xoxos releases Element VST a loop modulating wav player
Element VST loop modulating wav player
xoxos has released Element, a loop modulating wav player (known as a “sampler”) which loads a single 8-, 16- or 24-bit wav.
Element allows the user to select alternate interpolation, crossfade, looping and a variety of filter modes.
- wrap mode looping (‘normal looping’) with crossfade.
- bounce mode looping (forward-reverse).
- two crossfade modes.. fixed time (up to 1s) or loop relative (up to entire length of loop).
- 4 interpolation modes: floor (‘none’), linear, cubic and hermit.
- emulated downsampling.
- loop position can modulate filter cutoff.
- a bunch of filter modes (low, band, high, cut, peak in moog, svf or biquad).
- curveable envelopes and stuff.
- modulating start/end (loop or otherwise) reverses playback if end is lower than start.
- 8 voices poly.
Element is available for free as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows. It comes with two GUIs and can be downloaded here.
Tagged instruments, sampler, VST, Windows, xoxos